Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rent the Runway review

The time has finally come for me (Jen) to contribute a "lil somethin" to this amazing blog my husband has kept up for us thus far. Often I'm not sure what to write about, but I think almost every girl can get excited and find the words to share about getting all dolled up and stepping out with her hubby by her side. I am able to do just that with a little help I received from the friendly staff over at Rent the Runway!!




Mike has on our "To Do" list that he would post the pics of our friends' wedding we went to in Atlanta. I have decided to give him a head start and write about my experience with the dress that I wore. You may not be familiar with Rent the Runway, but it's an online store that rents out designer dresses and accessories for a "sometimes" reasonable fee.


 This website caught my attention because whenever we have a special event to go to, I always burden myself and my husband with finding a dress I will only wear one time, end up paying $200
for it, receiving lots of compliments, but later just building up dust bunnies in my closet. Arrghh!

So, I decided to try something different and try this new online site. I was so GEEKED about the idea, and even more so once I found that such a site even exists. So I called up my trusty fashioni'sta friend, Dee, at morningcupofstyle to see what she thought about it. After she gave me the thumbs up I went over to RentTheRunway and started browsing through the fabulous, designer dresses that were waiting for me.

One obstacle that I ran into a few months after starting to look was that by the time the wedding would arrive, I would be four (4) months preggo and may have a problem in the tummy department. :) That was no problem for Rent the Runway because they had a special section for people like me titled "Bump Friendly" (LOVED IT!!). Although my choices shrunk, the dresses available were extremely adorable and I had plenty to choose from. I selected a dress, received the thumbs up from the hubby and I was off to ordering with no sizing worries (as promised by RTR).

I ordered the Badgley Mischka dress 2 weeks in advance, and waited for it's arrival in Atlanta at my friend's house.



Because I am expecting, one of my major concerns was that the dress wouldn't fit. I loved that RTR gave me the option to rent 2 dresses for the price of one. I could go up a size or down a size, whichever I chose. Concern-dismissed!! It was 2 days before the wedding and a package arrived at my friend's doorstep. EXCITEMENT!!



Quickly, I rushed in, tore opened the sealed UPS box, and the 2 dresses were on hangers, in a black garment bag (which I was able to keep). Immediately, I tried the dress on for fit and the smallest size fit was PERFECT, no alterations needed (not that I could do anyway, bc it's rented!).

I was able to keep the dress for 4 days and mailed it back to RTR with the pre-paid postage envelope that was with the dress. Arrived at the wedding on Saturday and the compliments were flowing in. To the point where "thank you" was every other phrase out of my mouth. The wedding was B-E-A-u- tiful, the bride and groom were astonishing, and my dress with my hubby was a TOTAL GRAND SLAM!!! I would definitely be using RTR for my next special event. All of this for the low low price of $75 with 20% off = $50 before taxes and shipping, well worth it!!

Check it out and let me know what you think ladies!!








2 hours of non-stop dancing = feet hurting...still cute though!


4 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the dress! You two make such a gorgeous couple. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee for all your help with this piece!! It was a homerun :)

      Delete

We highly value your opinions, so tell us what you think about what you've seen. In doing so, try to be nice about it. We're just having fun, loving each other and sharing it with you!!