Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Tackling Landscaping: Take 2

Do you remember when you were a kid, the feeling you got in your stomach when you found out that your parents got you that new bike you had been asking for? Or how you felt when you heard the ice cream man coming from blocks away, and they gave you a whole dollar to spend? Yeah...that's how I felt when I asked my wife if we could buy some plants for the dirt patch we're working on next to our house, and she said YES!!!

I have never been happy to buy plants. I even feel kinda wierd typing it. But hey, I've also never had a landscape area to fix up for my wife's visual satisfaction. So I guess I'm still cool, right?

Anyway, we went to Lowe's one sunny Sunday after church, and found our trip to be very productive.
We got a few things that we have no idea how to say their names, but we love how they look, even in the pot.





 



Honestly no camera tricks. This plant is really glowing in the daylight!

Remember the sad, baren, patch of dirt we set our minds on sprucing up? If you don't, click here to be reminded. Jennifer volunteered to break ground for the new greenery.



She even got a little helping hand from HD after he was done riding his new garage sale skates....



I even stepped in.



One patch done, many, many, many, many more to go. But we are taking it one patch at a time...





Email us suggestions or pics of your spruced up patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We highly value your opinions, so tell us what you think about what you've seen. In doing so, try to be nice about it. We're just having fun, loving each other and sharing it with you!!